Monarch Nova-Strobe x Series
The standard for high intensity multi-function portable stroboscopes
Electronic switching ensures continuous cool operation
Battery or AC powered models available
100 million flash xenon lamp provides exceptional output
Weighs under 2 pounds for easy, fatigue-free use
These portable strobes set the standard in industry today. They are widely used in inspection, machine setup and diagnostics, maintenance, and process control. All feature lightweight ergonomic construction, six digit numeric and five character alphanumeric LCD displays, and a high power xenon flash; their handles are all fitted with a standard tripod mounting bushing for hands-free use.
The Nova-Strobe dax (AC powered) and dbx (battery powered) are the deluxe models, and offer an impressive array of additional features: an N.I.S.T. traceable certificate of calibration, internal phase shifting, operation to 20,000 flashes per minute, six user-settable memory settings plus last-flash-rate recall, doubling and halving, TTL input/output capability, tachometer mode (which requires triggering from optional external sensors), power for optional sensors, and a battery charge indicator (dbx model only).
All battery-powered models are supplied with the universal recharger (item 41320), which allows line voltages of 115 Vac or 230 Vac, and includes plug adaptors for U.S., U.K., Australian and Euro receptacles.
A comprehensive list of features by stroboscope model is shown on the stroboscope overview page.
The kits which are available for all models include the stroboscope, the recharger (for battery-powered units), and a spare L-1903 lamp (item 41361), all packed in a latching carrying case (item 41371).
(See price in cart)
- Flash Range: 30-20,000 FPM (flashes per minute) for Deluxe series; 10-20,000 FPM for Basic series
- Display: 6 digit numeric and 5 character alphanumeric LCD
- Accuracy/Resolution: +/- 0.002% of setting +/- 1 FPM
- Flash Energy: 230 mJoule up to 3450 FPM
- Flash Duration: 8 - 20 microseconds typical
- Average Power: >13 watts above 3450 FPM
- Flash Tube Life: 100 million flashes typical
- External Triggers: Deluxe series only: 24 Vdc max. TTL input; 3.3 Vdc TTL output
- Tachometer Mode: Deluxe series only: 5-250,000 RPM with optional remote sensor
- Operating Time: 2 hours typical at 1800 FPM for battery units; continuous for line voltage units
- Power Supply: Internal NiMH rechargeable batteries for battery units; line voltage for AC units
- Weight: 1.9 pounds for battery units; 1.5 pounds for line voltage units
- Size (L x W x H): Body — 9" x 3.7" x 3.6"; reflector housing — 4.8" diameter; handle — 4.3" long