ACCU DYNE TEST™ Marker Pens
Dyne solutions may work well in the lab, but in the shop a more robust device is indicated. This suggests "dyne pens" for online testing. Several types are readily available.
Most rudimentary is a nominal go/no go tester: Above a certain treatment, this pen marks the surface; below this level, the ink disappears. These pens identify and permanently mark the treated side of PE and PP films — aside from this, they have little use, since their initial accuracy is undocumentable and their design is subject to contamination.
A second style is formulated at several dyne levels, enabling the user to test over a range of treatments. Generally, these markers are interpreted based on which dyne level takes closest to two seconds to form beads (similar to the standard ASTM and TAPPI methods). These test markers are easy to use and, when first used, often quite accurate.
Unfortunately, their "Magic Marker" style nibs serve as perfect conduits for contamination of almost any kind, including machine oils, airborn lubricants, plasticizers, slip additives, etc. The very wicking qualities — graphically depicted below — which facilitate their use make them self-contaminating as well. This dynamic interaction between the instrument and the substrate essentially eliminates such wicking style applicators for serious dyne testing.
Thus, the ACCU DYNE TEST ™ Marker Pen, which is based on a valve tip applicator. The principle is simple: Keep the testing part of the pen away from the fluid storage part of the pen (in other words, no wicking from the substrate). The diagram (right) demonstrates how that's accomplished; by pressing the tip firmly down, the valve is opened and fresh fluid floods the tip; this flushes it clean, and allows the tester to lightly pass over the sample to accurately determine dyne level. Results are based on how long the test solution takes to form beads on the sample surface.
ACCU DYNE TEST™ Marker Pens
• 16 Standard dyne levels, from 30 through 60 dynes/cm, all formulated from 100% reagent grade materials
• Specifically designed for fast, accurate on-line use by printers, coaters, and laminators — also ideal for process control or field use by suppliers of film, sheet, coated board, inks, coatings, and adhesives
• Spring loaded tip meters fluid feed and guards against contamination
• Reliable enough for many R & D and lab applications
• Hundreds of tests from each marker
• Usable on virtually all smooth non-absorptive substrates
• Six month shelf life; a Certificate of Formulation is provided with every order
• Specify any combination of dyne levels and quantities you require (minimum order four pens)
• Conveniently packaged in ready to use setup boxes
NOTE: ACCU DYNE TEST™ Marker Pens will be subject to an additional GHS surcharge.
ACCU DYNE TEST ™ Marker Pens
Standard dyne levels include 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, and 60 dynes/cm. Non-standard levels include 31, 33, 35, 37, 39, 41, 43, 45, 47, 49, 51, 53, 55, 57, 59, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, and 72 dynes/cm. Volume discounts are available as follows:
|Unit Prices by Total Quantity Ordered|
Minimum quantities apply to these products as follows:
A minimum of four (4) test markers altogether must be purchased.
All non-standard dyne levels have a minimum of two (2) per dyne level.
ACCU DYNE TEST ™ Marker Pens are not returnable.