Model OS-AUTO Operating Stand
The OS-AUTO Type 3 Automatic Operating Stand provides constant load, controlled rate of descent, and application velocity, through a geared electric motor and braking mechanism that alternately lowers the durometer onto the specimen and then raises it in preparation for the next test. The OS-AUTO Operating Stand – used in conjunction with Rex durometer Models 1600, 2000, 3000, DD-3 (discontinued), DD-4, and DD-5 – eliminates the operator error sometimes associated with shop floor durometer testing.
This operating stand also provides an electronic timer that can adjust the dwell time (the time the durometer remains in the lowered position) from 0 to 9999 seconds.
The durometer and carriage assembly have a mass sufficient for use with Types A, B and O. The incorporation of the large detachable mass is required for testing with Type C, D and DO durometers. The OS-AUTO can also be configured for use with durometer Types OO, OOO and OOO-S.
Adjustment of the durometer for specimen thickness is easily accomplished by a height adjusting knob on the top of the stand. Gauges are sold separately.
Features and specs:
- Conforms to ASTM D2240 Type 3
- Eliminates operator error
- Motorized controlled rate of descent
- Consistent load
- Adjustable dwell time
- Precision machined frame and black powder coated base
- Stainless steel housing for durability and ease of maintenance
- Precision ground shafts and linear bearings provide smooth positive motion
- High quality electric motor and servos provide reliable operation and long life
- Removable mass for improved accuracy
- Includes D weight
- Assembled and calibrated in the USA
- Size: 9.75″ (24.8 cm) high x 14″ (35.6 cm) deep x 6.13″ (15.6 cm) wide
- Weight: 35 lbs. (15.9 kg)
- Power requirement: 120v AC, 60 Hz (240v AC, 50 Hz optional)