Model OS-3 Operating Stand
The Rex OS-3 compact operating stand is required for ASTM D2240 compliant operation of 1600M, DD-3M (discontinued), and DD-4M micro durometers. The stand – used in conjunction with any of these durometers – eliminates operator error sometimes associated with shop floor durometer testing.
The stand features a load weight for the proper testing pressure as noted in ASTM D2240, a quick-lock column for easy adjustment plus a dampening feature. The dampener lowers the durometer at the same rate for each test, resulting in superior repeatability for all durometer tests. It can be used with either the provided specimen holder or the optional Rex Model ORF-1 O-Ring Fixturing Set (please call or email for details). Gauges are sold separately. Optional dust cover is available while supplies last.
Features and specs:
- Required for the operation of Type M durometers per ASTM D2240
- Eliminates operator error in the M scales
- Provides an air dampened, controlled rate of descent
- Stainless steel and anodized aluminum construction
- Made in the USA
- Size - 13″ (33 cm) high x 6″ (15.2 cm) wide
- Weight: 9 lbs. (4.1 kg)